Counseling Center 24-Hour Crisis Services
24 Hour Crisis Services 315.443.4715
If you are currently experiencing a mental health crisis or you are seeking support for sexual assault or relationship violence, 24-hour crisis support services are available to all Syracuse University students by calling 315.443.4715
Crisis/ Urgent Walk-In Services
Urgent/crisis services are available to students in crisis or have an urgent need to be seen by our On-call Therapist.
Examples of reasons to see the On-Call Therapist include (but are not limited to):
- If you do not feel safe
- If you are having thoughts of suicide
- If you are having thoughts of harming yourself or others
- If you have been sexually assaulted or have experienced relationship violence within the past week
- If you have recently experienced the death of a loved one
Urgent/crisis walk-in services are available: Monday - Friday
- 8:30AM - 11:30AM
- 12:30PM - 4:00PM
The Counseling Center is located at 200 Walnut Place. We are a yellow house on the corner of East Adams Street and Walnut Place.
If you think someone has alcohol poisoning, you should:
- Roll the person on their side to prevent them from choking on vomit
- Stay with the person
- Call for help
- DPS @ 711 from campus phone
- #74 from a cell phone
- Syracuse University Ambulance at 315.443.4299.
If you think you are experiencing withdrawal from a substance, it is important to be assessed for the need of medical services. Treatment centers create healthy environments for detoxification and withdrawal. There are local hospitals in Syracuse that can assist with help for withdrawal and detoxification:
Crouse Hospital - 315.470.8304 or 1.800.727.6873.