Symptoms of alcohol poisoning
- Person is unconscious or semiconscious and cannot be awakened.
- Cold, clammy, pale or bluish skin.
- Check to see if breathing is slow, less than eight times per minute, or irregular, with ten seconds or more between breaths.
- Vomiting while sleeping or passed out or not waking up after vomiting.
If a person has any of these symptoms, he or she is suffereing from acute alcohol intoxication.
- Get help. Call 911, a staff member or public safety 315-443-2224 or 711
- Do not leave the person alone. Turn the victim on his/her side to prevent choking from vomiting.
- Always be "better safe than sorry" if you are not sure what to do. Take action to save a life.